Google Tag Manager Code Installation to Your Website
Install Google Tag Manager to configure and deploy tags, including tags from Google Ads, Google Analytics, and 3rd parties. At a high level, the steps are:
1. In the upper right of Google Tag Manager, click “Submit.”
2. Give this container version a name and leave a short description. This is useful if you need to roll back to previous tag settings (bug fix, etc.). In the upper right, click “Submit.”
3. Publishing should only take a few moments. When it’s complete, you’ll be taken to a confirmation screen. In the upper left menu, click on “Workspace.”
4. In the upper right of the Workspace, click on your GTM ID to display your install code.
5. Keep this install code open and open a new browser window.
At this point, the remaining task is to install these two code snippets into the header and body of your website. Every website is built on different technology, so if you need assistance, seek out your web person. You’ve done all the hard work, now it’s time for one simple code update.
The first bit of code needs to go in the part of the site and the second snippet needs to go in the of the site. Ideally, both bits of code will be placed close to the top of the and , respectively. This should happen on every page of the site.